parse calls

From: <sdbillsfan_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2005 19:48:50 -0700

All,

    I'm curious why I'm getting a reparse for every execution in the following scenario (this is a simplified example of a real problem):

SQL> select * from dual;

-

SQL> select * from dual;

-

SQL> select * from dual;

-

SQL> select parse_calls, executions from v$sqlarea where sql_text like 'select * from dual%';

PARSE_CALLS EXECUTIONS

          3 3

I have cursor_sharing=FORCE and session_cached_cursors=20

TIA Received on Wed Aug 10 2005 - 21:48:50 CDT