Can i recover from a disk failure if i use ASM

From: Moe <mwahidi_at_emanagelaw.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2005 09:57:00 -0700

Hi,

I have five partitions on four external hardrives that have no RAID,(one partition on each hardrive) and i want to use ASM on those partitions. I want to know if i can recover my data incase one hardrive fails.
I know that ASM has some kind of mirroring, but im not sure if it like raid 1.

Thanks

Moe Received on Wed Aug 10 2005 - 11:57:00 CDT