RMAN archivelog restore

From: kechup <kechupko_at_azet.sk>
Date: 10 Aug 2005 05:13:16 -0700

Hello,

I have a rman backup set of datafiles, controlfiles and archivelog files. Backup set of archivelog files was made 2 days after backupset of datafiles and controlfiles. I`m able to restore controlfiles and datafiles after disaster situation but i do not know how to restore archivelogs from backup set. When I say restore archivelogs all it doesn`t allow me to specify file which containts these archive logs. Because archive log backupset was made after controlfile backup, information that the archivelogs where backed up is nto in the controlfile and RMAN reports that the archivelogs where not backed up.

My question is:
How can I tell RMAN from which archivelog backup set needs to restore archivelogs. Or How can I made complete recovery with archivelog backupset made two days after datafile and controlfile backup.

Thanks a lot
Robert Received on Wed Aug 10 2005 - 07:13:16 CDT