Re: Excellent future for DB2

From: Larry <larry_at_nospam.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 21:53:31 -0400

Bob,

While I can understand where you are coming from when you say many people feel that mainframes are "dated", that doesn't drive the rdbms business. Perception of value and of the most suitable platform to run a database on is what drives customer investment. Many customers to this day still feel that the mainframe is the best place for apps that require the ultimate in security, availability, reliability, and performance. That is the reason that we still see growth on mainframe platforms.

Larry E.