Re: Why is "shutdown abort", then backup bad

From: Jeroen van den Broek <Jeroen_at_NO_SPAMbaasbovenbaas.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:53:50 +0200

DA Morgan wrote:
> pobox002_at_bebub.com wrote:
>
>> But my point is that RTFM is helpful, at the beginning too. I was
>> just pointing out that the simple questions will keep coming until
>> the fine manual is brought out from its hiding place on the world
>> wide web. Some people take offense, and like to get things done
>> without learning anything. I don't fully agree that enabling them
>> to carry on in this way is helpful.
>
> I think RTFM is extremely helpful and hardly rude and there is no
> reason why you should apologize for it. Lazy people should always
> be pointed to the value of Reading The Fine Manuals produced by
> those hard working people at Oracle.
>
> Using RTFM to say Read The Fine Manuals is no more rude than HTH for
> Hope This Helps. The fact that someone with an immature grasp of the
> language misinterpreted your intent should not be taken personally.
> ;-)

May I suggest to wrap the RealTimeFineManual into a nice piece of JFGI-paper:
http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/search?query=oracle+documentation

For those who want to avoid the F-word in the URL, you can use this instead: http://tinyurl.com/cjwul

In those case where you don't want to give a pointer to the Fine Manuals, just change the 'query='-clause above into something else, or alternatively refer to:
http://justgoogleit.ytmnd.com/

HTH,

--
Jeroen