Re: 9.2.0.4 - RHEL3

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:47:21 GMT

this will tell you who's 'holding' shared servers:

you can lookup the queries by sqlhash

select s.sid||','||serial#
sidc,username||'@'||machine||'('||osuser||'|'||program||')' username, event||' '||p1||','||p2||','||p3 event,seconds_in_wait as secs, name,sql_hash_value sqlhash
from v$session s, v$session_wait sw,v$circuit c, v$shared_server ss where
 s.sid=sw.sid
and c.saddr=s.saddr
and ss.circuit=c.circuit
order by sqlhash

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:34:19 +0100, Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com> wrote:

>One of our instances died last night and the person on support ended up
>bouncing the instance before any real debugging could occur.
>
>There is nothing in the alert log as to why this instance died and in
>the trace file for this incident there is lots of this..
>
>error 18 creating virtual circuit
>*** 2005-06-29 20:07:41.273
>error 18 creating virtual circuit
>*** 2005-06-29 20:07:41.425
>error 18 creating virtual circuit
>*** 2005-06-29 20:07:42.681
>error 18 creating virtual circuit
>
>does anyone know what that error means? I suspect leaky db connections
>from the app but wondering what others think about that error.
>
>thanks

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.5 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue Aug 09 2005 - 12:47:21 CDT