admin password in oracle

From: Boz <bozboyle_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Aug 2005 09:18:14 -0700

Im a newbie to oracle but not to databases. Im using a shopfloor system that uses oracle. We have a live side and a demo side. What I want to do is put my live side into my demo side so that I have a copy of my existing live data to play with in the demo. Thus i can try new things without worry of messing up. In my old system which was pervasive system all i did was copy the .dta files into the demo folder and hey presto. Not sure with the oracle. At the moment i have to populate it manually. It would be nice to import fresh live data into the demo side of things. I can connect by ODBC but the password and username thats in the manual only gives me read access only. This must have been set by the company providing the product. Received on Tue Aug 09 2005 - 11:18:14 CDT