re:Limit on the number of records to read through a cursor?

From: tavarga <hierop_at_freemail-dot-hu.no-spam.invalid>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 14:52:40 +0000 (UTC)

I'm experiencing the same problem, after porting a 32 bits linux Pro*C application to HP-UX 64 bits. Oracle server is 8.1.7. Client 8.1.7. was used on linux, and 9 on the HP-UX. Pro*C has release number 8.1.7.0.0 on linux, and 9.2.0.2.0 on our new HP-UX. The HP-UX connects to the same 8.1.7 server.
Probably nothing to do with 32/64 problem, cause the whole application compiles and runs on a True64 perfectly (with client version of 8).

A c++ method, what declares a cursor, fetches all results, then reuses the cursor with changing one of the parameters causes the problem. After opening it sencond time, does not wants to fetch more than 2 rows. The third one generates ORA-01455. If I restrict the data set of the second fetch to 2 rows, then the third fetch dies exactly at the third row again. The first fetch contains hundreds of rows (fetched without any problem). Received on Tue Aug 09 2005 - 09:52:40 CDT