Re: FSCMD to rename Oracle failsafe cluster detail?

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 09:32:51 +0200

qbernard_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for guideline or syntx to rename an Oracle failsafe cluster
> detail, including the virtual name and ip address. I can do it via
> Oracle FS Manager, but I'm just wondering whether I can script this at
> fscmd.
>
> Thank you.
> Bernard

When you call fscmd without paramater (or find the docs in %OFSHOME%\bin), you get a list of possible commands. None of them included renaming a resource. You'll have to look into the generic utilities provided by microsoft (if there are any?). Scripting with vbs is possible AFAIK but it ain't easy.

However, since listener and intelligent agent have to be reconfigured (probably dropped and recreated), you're about to reinvent the wheel if you go the generic route.

So is it really worth the effort? You don't change the virtual ip and name at the drop of a hat, and when something goes wrong you sure wan't to know about it *immediately*?

Regards
Holger Received on Tue Aug 09 2005 - 02:32:51 CDT