Re: 10g Database Configuration Assistant fails with code ORA-12546

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 08:41:00 +0200

Wes Harrison wrote:

>>No - it doesn't. All I can say here, is that you're probably right, and
>>Windows once again is not compatible with Windows.
>>Sigh... Good to know, although that does not help *you*.
>>
>>Does it help when I say the combo isn't certified? Can you go back
>>to the customer with that?

> Not really. The "customer" is my boss who has this machine to run his SMB
> on and it is a Windows Server 2003 x64 machine. He thought he was doing the
> right thing by putting a 64-bit OS on a 64-bit machine and just needs Oracle
> up and running on it. Are you saying that the 32-bit version of Windows
> Server 2003 may work?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wes

Not only that, but also for the first time (actually it was in your previous post), you indicate that you installed 32-bit Oracle on 64-bit Windows - a combination not to be found in the certification matrix on metalink.

In other words: putting 64bit Oracle on the Windows 2003-X64 would have been the right thing, too. Only that the first production version of 10g(AMDX64) for Windows will be 10.2 which isn't available as of this writing.

Regards,
Holger Received on Tue Aug 09 2005 - 01:41:00 CDT