Re: flashback question

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2005 19:50:21 -0700

>> For flashback query you must have an enabled flashback area

Not sure, what do you mean here? I am assuming one is talking about Oracle 10G which introduced
flashback recovery area? It is my understanding that only flashback database feature requires flashback recovery area where flashback logs are kept.

However, flashback query, flashback table etc only require automatic undo management (undo tablespace). Flashback query has been available since Oracle9i which did not have flashback recovery area.

Please clarify, if I misunderstood you? Received on Mon Aug 08 2005 - 21:50:21 CDT