Re: 10g Database Configuration Assistant fails with code ORA-12546

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 21:14:01 +0200

Wes Harrison wrote:
> "Frank van Bortel" <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>create database, custom, orcl, select whatever
>>you want to configure, but never select the finish button,
>>until at the last screen.
>>On the last (#12) screen, uncheck 'Create Database', and
>>check Generate Database Creation Scripts.

> Are we talking about the same Oracle/DBCA version? Mine does not have
> "Generate Database Creation Scripts" on screen 12. The choices are "Create
> Database" or "Save as Template". If I choose the latter I get an XML file
> which I don't know how I am supposed to run.
>
> Anyway, the plot thickens... Out of interest, I tried installing 32-bit
> Windows XP Professional on this machine and then installed the same version
> of Oracle namely 10g 10.1.0.2 and it worked like a dream. The DBCA created
> the database perfectly. I put 64-bit Windows Server 2003 on it again and I
> was back at square one with the permission denied error. So the problem has
> something to do with the way Oracle interacts with Windows Server 2003 x64.
>
> Does that shed any more light on the problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wes

No - it doesn't. All I can say here, is that you're probably right, and Windows once again is not compatible with Windows. Sigh... Good to know, although that does not help *you*.

Does it help when I say the combo isn't certified? Can you go back to the customer with that?

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel