Re: Excellent future for DB2

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 11:41:57 -0700

Anton Versteeg wrote:

> You obviously don't know what you are talking about.
> 'By todays standard' must be 'by your standard'
> DB2 ranks #1 in many places. So where is your #3 coming from?
> Which ranking?
> Reading your post, I quess one cannot be any more vague than you are.

A better question would be ... why would anyone who is a technologist rather than a marketing drone care? I don't make a living off of Oracle selling more licenses than FireBird much less DB2 or Informix. Doesn't affect my ability to put food on the table or keep the boat in the water.

When a software company wants me to care about their marketshare ... they will write me a check. Until then all I care about is the number of available jobs and my bill rate.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org