Re: Why is "shutdown abort", then backup bad

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 7 Aug 2005 09:35:03 -0700

bbulsara23_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Doh!
>
> > I'm sorry, Barry or whatever your name is:
>
> Anything you say Noons, or whatever your name is.
>
> > who left and promoted you to thought police?
>
> I'm sorry. Since you are clearly moderating this group, I forgot to ask
> you first.

This group is unmoderated, however you are desperately attempting to moderate posts *you* feel are unfit for publication. Such behaviour truly has no place here, and I am not alone in expressing that sentiment. Usually a moderator for a newsgroup is selected by vote, and usually the qualifications include extensive knowledge of the subject matter as demonstrated by knowledgeable posts in response to posted questions. I've yet to see anything from your hand remotely approaching a knowledgeable response; are these invisible to the unaided eye? Your attempts to censor Sybrand Bakker, Daniel Morgan and possibly myself from this newsgroup have fallen upon deaf ears, it would appear.

Were Mary Poppins to suddenly become an Oracle Certified DBA and submit posts to this newsgroup you'd likely find fault with her delivery, as well, as it doesn't match your own. Stop attempting to assert your sensibilities on this newsgroup. We have existed quite well for years without such input from you; start your own newsgroup and inflict your desires there, if such control over others is necessary for you to exist.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sun Aug 07 2005 - 11:35:03 CDT