Re: No future for DB2

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 15:53:42 GMT

> the article may have some truth in it; may be it's a warning
> that IBM is suffering from the Philips syndrome; producing
> great technology but may loose the market.
>

> If that is the case then it is a very good idea to take these signals
> serious and start doing something about it.

I am not sure if they are producing good technology. Their software surely does not score high in the ease-of-use department. That's why more services and supports are needed.

 IMO, AIX is propbably the only good thing come out of IBM. Mainframe is no longer a great technology by today's standard. Received on Sat Aug 06 2005 - 10:53:42 CDT