Re: Question: Yet more RMAN frustration...

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 5 Aug 2005 14:37:09 -0700

BD wrote:

>I wonder if when the backup file is written, the internal date/timestamp
>for the backup set is written according to that format, and so if the
>format in the file and the format in the SQL session don't match, the
>process just blows by any provision that tries to match the dates.

Not what you are running into, but hopefully a bit of clarification: http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=124788.1

Dates are always DATE format (for example, in SQL*Plus DESC v$backup_datafile or v$backup_set), only the environmental formats change, and must be consistent.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050804/news_1b4overland.html