Re: Question: Yet more RMAN frustration...

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Aug 2005 08:49:45 -0700

_Prior_ to, as opposed to via a SQL command embedded in the command string itself? Okay, I'll give that a whirl. Based on what I've seen (plus your comment to the same effect), something in the back of my mind is telling me that that date format needs to be set _both_ on the OS level and at the SQL session level in order for the process to work. I don't quite see why that's the case yet, but I'll work it out. I wonder if when the backup file is written, the internal date/timestamp for the backup set is written according to that format, and so if the format in the file and the format in the SQL session don't match, the process just blows by any provision that tries to match the dates. I did see a long series of date format errors the other dat, which I finally resolved by setting the date format in the SQL session. I thought I'd done the same prior to the SQL session, but my notes are spotty - I was getting pissy and just thrashing around after awhile. ;-)

Anyway. No biggie either way; I'm making progress. Received on Fri Aug 05 2005 - 10:49:45 CDT