Digging in to trace files

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Aug 2005 11:32:12 -0700

Platform: Ora 9.2.0 on Solaris 8

Digging into the guts of extended trace, working with Tom Kyte's and Cary Millsap's books. Using MTS, so I know session traces will be potentially scattered across multiple trace files in the bdump directory. This is purely a learning exercise at this point. I've noticed something curious in the trace files. Every so often there will be these entries:

(You'll probably see some line wrap ... the entries beginning and ending with '***' are a single line in the original)

The file referenced in the above messages is the file in which the messages are found. What is this telling me? Is this documented some place that I've missed? Certainly an advanced search of MetaLink and this ng's archives turned up nothing useful.

Thanks. Received on Thu Aug 04 2005 - 13:32:12 CDT