Re: dataguard fail over test... what did I miss? Fixed (at least this part)

From: Vince Laurent <vincelaurent_at_REMOVETHISsbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:35:04 GMT

Seems that when I asked the UNIX admin to diable the IP addresses on the servers he did it on one box (the standby couldn't see the primary) but failed to do it on the primary... The primary kept trying to send files to the standby thus starting the RFS process...

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:36:31 GMT, Vince Laurent <vincelaurent_at_REMOVETHISsbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:57:08 GMT, Vince Laurent
><vincelaurent_at_REMOVETHISsbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>I wanted to test the standby as a primary so I did the following. This
>>is a TEST environment so I had to kludge a few things.
>
>thinking it might be the second archive log location I did a
>ALTER SYSTEM SET log_archive_dest_2='' SCOPE=BOTH;
>
>But I still see this is the alert.log:
>
>Wed Aug 3 13:35:01 2005
>RFS: Possible network disconnect with primary database
>RFS: Destination database mount ID mismatch [0x528f2395:0x5290622d]
>RFS: Not using real application clusters
>Come race with us!
>http://www.mgpmrc.org

Come race with us!
http://www.mgpmrc.org Received on Thu Aug 04 2005 - 09:35:04 CDT