Re: Does Oracle Have a Way to Store Historical Changes to Records?

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 07:13:19 -0400

"Paul" <paul_at_see.my.sig.com> wrote in message news:act3f1tcuug741p3ra7tgiktqc8brnsg3k_at_4ax.com...

> "GeoPappas" <PappasG_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am sure it does, but I am not sure of its marketing name.
>

> Is there not some simple way to switch on the auditing functionality
> of Oracle?
>
> Nobody seems to have mentioned it as a possibility. I was of the
> understanding that this sort of thing could be done automatically
> without having to hand code triggers &c.
>
> Explanations?
>

> Paul...

nope... you may be thinking of statement (not data) auditing.

here are your options:

[_] triggers and history tables
[_] log miner (limited by available archive logs)
[_] flashback query (not mentioned yet, limited by undo retention
configuration)
[_] workspace manager (unlimited by lots of overhead)

did i miss any?

++ mcs Received on Thu Aug 04 2005 - 06:13:19 CDT