Re: No future for DB2

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 20:49:07 +1000

John Carlson apparently said,on my timestamp of 4/08/2005 12:41 PM:

>>>I use ER under 9.4; it works quite well.  Relatively low overhead  . .
>>>. . and I'm looking forward to 10.00.
>>That's great.  Someone please give the man the
>>blue plastic bucket.

> And your point would be . . . . ?

None. Just like yours. Except I enjoy the theatricals. A problem with that?

 > I'm saying, in my case with my
> systems, it works. Not as perfect as I'd like, but it works.

In my case, a Toyota works. Not as nice as a beemer, but it works.

> Rows
> get updated / inserted on source; rows get replicated to reporting
> server. Nothing fancy . . . .

Same here. Not a cent extra spent over standard edition Oracle. What can I say, I don't even run Informix...

> No blue buckets needed . . . . I don't work for IBM. 8-)

OK then: give the man a grey bucket.
(that was the colour of the Informix PC SQL manuals, wasn't it?)

> Correct the error / comment in direct proportion to the broadcast.
> Your quote of . . . .

In "proportion"? The darn thread has been x-posted everywhere since the FIRST post, NO ONE has BOTHERED trimming it and you butt-in NOW? Kinda "johny-come-late" don't you think? (no offence or reference to bedroom prowess meant)

> comment gets cross-posted as well..

Really? I could NEVER have figured that out in a million years! Thanks for the clarification...

> If you don't really wish to talk
> (intelligently or otherwise) about Informix, then why bother posting
> to c.d.i?

Correction: I do not wish to talk in ANY fashion with cdi people about anything. Please remain out.

> You do have the right to post; other Oracle DBAs post here
> too.

There is a masochist born every minute...

> But when it gets ridiculous, we also have the right to either
> correct or ignore.

I suggest you pick the last one. Which is what just about everyone else has done. Because when you reply, you expose yourself to further replies. And I know it applies to me as well, no need to state the bleeding obvious. Nevertheless, it is MY choice.

--
Nuno Souto
in sunny Sydney, Australia