Re: No future for DB2

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 20:28:50 +1000

Madison Pruet apparently said,on my timestamp of 4/08/2005 9:21 AM:

> Fair enough --- on the IDS informix server, to do this with say 5 instances
> by issueing the two commands
>
> cdr define template noons --database=noons --master=node1 --all
> cdr realize template noons --syncdatasource=node1 node2 node3 node4 node5
>
> This would set up an update anywhere of everything in the noons database
> using the five servers.

Thank you. Like I suspected, you have to relicate the entire database. It is much more efficient to do that in Oracle via dataguard. Like I said nearly 24 hours ago. Of course, you can also template the entire database and replicate the lot. Anything is possible, provided you have sufficient resources.

--
Nuno Souto
in sunny Sydney, Australia