Re: export all tables except one

From: ExpertDba <best.greyhat_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Aug 2005 00:32:54 -0700

>Also whenm I import, can I import the data only without the table being
>created?

 Yes you can do so if the table already exist on the destination(use the ignore=y import option)

>Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to list all the tables I
do want?
 As suggested by Mr.Sybrand.<best option>

>I want to export all the tables from my schema apart from one(which is
huge).
 As suggested by Mr.Sybrand.<best option>.Edit the parameter file and remove the lines related to creation of the table you want to exclude.

Also since you didn't mention the version of your database...Incase of Oracle 10g you have an "EXCLUDE" option in you exp/imp.

>>Here is one risky method described here (to modify exutab):
>>http://www.mail-archive.com/oracl...@fatcity.com/msg34557.html
This method is very crude...

regards,
channesh Received on Thu Aug 04 2005 - 02:32:54 CDT