regarding the size of control file

From: <vijaya.namala_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2005 23:30:40 -0700

hi all,

I have two doubts regarding the size of control file.

  1. I know that the size of control file depends on MAXDATAFILES, MAXLOGFILES, MAXLOGMEMBERS, MAXLOGHISTORY, and MAXINSTANCES .I also know that the size of control file will increase automatically by adding more file than this .I have oracle 8i on windows NT .

I watn to know , how this different parameters (MAXDATAFILES,MAXLOGFILES,MAXLOGMEMBERS etc) effect the size of control file.In the sense ,what is the contribution of each parameter for the size of control file . I want this to estimate the size of control file depending different number of different files .

2.I found that , the maximum size of control file in windows is 20000 blocks . Can anyone tell me what is the maximum size of control file in UNIX. Received on Thu Aug 04 2005 - 01:30:40 CDT