Re: SQL: getting data for a null value column ??

From: baka <mesundara_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2005 19:49:07 -0700

Thanks hrishy san (&)
you are right in one way, but, i mentioned tabB is a master table so i have to take name from tabB only. if it not exists then,i have to take it from transaction table i.e tabB.

o/p what i want is (without using union)

001                  tabBbankname
002                  secondbank
003                  tabBthirdbank
004                  fourthbank
005                  Firstunionbank

PS: about union

SELECT a.bankcode,a.bankname
FROM
taba a,tabb b where a.bankcode=b.bbankcode(+) union
SELECT b.bbankcode,b.bbankname
FROM taba a,tabb b where b.bbankcode(+)=a.bankcode

Thans Mr.Arun for reading my mail. but what..

Thanks so For
-baba