Re: Question: Yet more RMAN frustration...

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 23:06:04 +0200

On 3 Aug 2005 13:38:49 -0700, "BD" <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>But for all attempts I've made, and in the notable absence of error
>messages, the restore makes no difference - the changes I made to the
>table are not 'corrected' by the restore.
>Here is my process - I apologize in advance for being dense, but I'd
>really appreciate someone helping to identify my error or lack of
>understanding:

Your code applies *complete* recovery. This means you are recovering until *NOW*, which means *AFTER* the change. *Complete* recovery, as opposed to *incomplete* recovery, is -not surprisingly - the default.
If you don't want those changes, you need to issue a set until [logseq|scn|time] command prior to the restore and recover operation.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA