Re: Refreshing kust one of the MV's in a refresh group

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 22:12:58 +0200

ronnie_yours_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have oracle 8i and use snapshot replication which gets refreshed
> every 4 hours.
>
> We need to have one MV belonging to the refresh group to be refreshed
> on demand when a user does a certain operation.
>
> Is this possible and will it create any problems later on.
>
> We cannot refresh the whole group as it takes around 45 minutes and
> generates a lot of load on the system.
>
> The MV that needs to be refreshed is a fast refreshable one.
>
> Thanks
> Ron

You post 2 questions:
is it possible: yes, of course. Use the proper call in DBMS_REFRESH, or google.
will it create problems later: yes, of course. Why do you think the tables are in one refresh group? I *guess* because they have some relationship to each other. If not, why bother?

By the way - why does the replication take so long? Using 28k8 modems, or what? Ever thought about refreshing hourly, every 20 minutes?

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel