Re: Problem with XMLType attribibutes? please confirm

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:52:21 +0200

Ko van der Sloot schrieb:

> Maxim Demenko wrote:
>

>>On my box:
>>
>>scott_at_ORA92>
>>
>>Table created.
>>

>>1 row created.

>>Index created.
>>
>>scott_at_ORA92> select data_char from my_table where contains(data_char,'1
>>inpath(
>>//au/@id )' ) > 0; 2
>>
>>DATA_CHAR
>> --------------------
>><document>
>> <au first="Ruediger" id="1">Rüdiger</au>
>> </document>
>>
>><document>
>

> So you can reproduce the Error. Thanx
>

>>Verify pls the character set of your database. If your character set
>>does contain 'ü', you should be able to see proper results.
>

> But you can't....
> anyway: i thinks yout output proves already that ü is part of the
> charset. Just look at the name: Rüdiger, which is displayed correctly!
>

>>Best regards
>>
>>Maxim
>

> Thanks for helping me further.
>
> Ko

To my shame i should confess, i've read not carefully your post. Initially my impression was only - you have a problem with mangled 'ü'. But ( thanks to Holger's clarification ) after reread the thread, as i understand, your query doesn't return expected number of rows. (Un)fortunately i can't reproduce your behaviour. In the previous posting i have cutted not the whole output ( as i was only intended to show you correct 'ü' ), but you can see there as well beginning of the next row from resultset ( <document> tag ), here is the whole output from your query ( i leave out create/insert statements as they are copied from your posting):

scott_at_ORA92> select data_char from my_table where contains(data_char,'1 inpath(
//au/@id )' ) > 0;

DATA_CHAR

<document>

<document>

Best regards

Maxim Received on Wed Aug 03 2005 - 12:52:21 CDT