Does Oracle Have a Way to Store Historical Changes to Records?

From: GeoPappas <PappasG_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2005 10:33:35 -0700

I am sure it does, but I am not sure of its marketing name.

Say you have a record that was created and now a user has edited the record. Does Oracle have a way of storing both the original record and modifications? Sort of like an audit trail or history of changes.

For example, say you have a table with the following columns:

DATA VARCHAR2(25)
UPDATE_USER VARCHAR2(10)
UPDATE_DATE DATE At first, user ABC creates a record with DATA='HELLO' on 05/01/2005 06:30a.

Next, user DEF changes DATA='HELLO AGAIN' on 05/02/2005 07:00a.

Next, user XYZ changes DATA='GOODBYE' on 05/31/2005 09:45a.

Could Oracle save all of those points, so that I could go back and look at any point in time? Received on Wed Aug 03 2005 - 12:33:35 CDT