Re: No future for DB2

From: Madison Pruet <mpruet_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:00:28 -0500

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:42f0d327$0$11937$5a62ac22_at_per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au...
> Madison Pruet apparently said,on my timestamp of 3/08/2005 11:13 PM:
> >

> > Noons.. Again I quote from your posting...
> > "If I understand your question correctly, that is not possible
> > with ANY replication in any database version."
>
> > comp.databases.informix, comp.databases.oracle.server. If you do not
want
> > to post in comp.databases.informix, then all you have to do is to remove
> > comp.databases.informix from the newsgroup entry before you post.
>
> If you have SUCH A BIG problem with cross-posting, HOW COME
> it's only now you're piping about it? Hmmmm?

Because you stated "that is not possible with ANY replication in any database version." in comp.databases.informix, which is simply not true.

In fact, from what I understand, Oracle streams supports this functionality as well.

And from your other comment....
"I'll throw whatever I want, whenever I want. Now grow up or get lost, you and your "I'm so offended" CRAP. Capice?"

Well - so far I haven't had to resorted to insults, obscene statements, zingers, or any other form of putdown. I've simply been stating facts.

Some of your comments, however, well - they really belong in the locker-room. Received on Wed Aug 03 2005 - 10:00:28 CDT