Re: No future for DB2

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 22:57:13 +1000

Serge Rielau apparently said,on my timestamp of 3/08/2005 9:52 PM:

> And I always thought Australians are so friendly ... ;-)

Thanks for the bleeps. I needed that. :)

> May I try to mediate?
> Noons wrote "any database version" He apparently was operating on the
> context set by the thread earlier debating on where replication (and
> which kind) is free in Oracle.

Nope. I wrote:
<quote>He's correct in that he's mistaken. Snapshot replication (basic replication) *is* available in Standard Edition, 9i. Advanced replication (master2master) is only in EE. 10g might have changed that, but that will be another reason for people not to upgrade...</quote>

and MP butted in with some stuff about how Oracle did this or that in comparison to some other enterprise whatever product I couldn't care less about. Only to split hairs with the reply, not even checking it and accusing me of claiming God only knows what as an attack on his pet product.
The intention was clear. The reply as well: *bleep*

> What's a good rule for SQL with joins is just as ood a rule for x-posted
> usenet posts.

Yup. It would also help if people did not forget to breath in, smile twice and think three times before hitting the send. And I count myself on all those groups: never claimed to be perfect. What can I say: two crashes in one afternoon because of a moronic bug that should have been fixed eons ago and my nerves are a little on the edge. All's well now, thank Codd.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto