Re: Problem with XMLType attribibutes? please confirm

From: Ko van der Sloot <Ko.vanderSloot_at_uvt.nl>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:40:24 +0200

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> Ko van der Sloot wrote:
> This has little or nothing to do with Oracle, and everything with:
> a) the tool you use to display the results
> b) the platform you use

please reread the discussion:

First: I posted an example containing ü characters. Some of them were correctly retrieved. Others not. So our Oracle DB is capable of storing and retrieving ü, yes? Ans so are my tools, because I used cut-and-paste to create my mail.

Then: Andrew Hardy replied that he got the correct result. BUT: In his mail all ü characters were mangled. so it was unclear to me if he realy entered ü characters in hit DB or that they were already mangled beforehand.

Then: I asked to clearify this. But he didn't upto now.

> I am guessing (which I shouldn't): SQL*Plus and Windows.

Well: I am using the gqlplus tool on a RedHat Linux system. Oracle also runs there.

> Check code page (chcp), change to 1252.

Which is EVIL of course. We want full UTF8

regards
Ko vd Sloot Received on Wed Aug 03 2005 - 02:40:24 CDT