Re: Listener Passwords, who uses them and why?

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2005 20:51:28 -0700

Dave wrote:
> this has never happened. Are there security holes that I should be
> aware of that recommend having a password?
>
> (I'm aware of the iSQLPlus bug in the latest Oracle CPU, but we don't
> use it..)

Dave,

If you don't use a password to protect the listener and your Oracle version is below 10g, users can run lsnrctl on their *own* machine to bring down the listener. (See item 16 at http://rootshell.be/~yong321/computer/OracleIdiosyncrasies.html)

What's that iSQLPlus bug?

Yong Huang Received on Tue Aug 02 2005 - 22:51:28 CDT