Re: No future for DB2

From: John Carlson <jwcarlson1_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:25:00 -0400

On 2 Aug 2005 17:54:03 -0700, "Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>Madison Pruet wrote:
>

>> Noons --- IBM Informix Enterprise Replication supports this functionality
>> with about 1/3 the overhead of the original transaction.
>
>Madison:
>I've long ago stopped believing in fairies, godmothers
>and other garden variety gnomes.
>Spare me the "mine is longer than yours", I don't give
>a rat's arse what Informix does, under or not IBM.
>Tah?

Ah, intellectual honesty . . . at last he 'fesses up.

I use ER under 9.4; it works quite well. Relatively low overhead . . . . and I'm looking forward to 10.00.

If you don't want to keep Informix in the conversation, then please drop comp.databases.informix from your post list. Give a hoot, don't pollute.

JWC Received on Tue Aug 02 2005 - 20:25:00 CDT