Re: No future for DB2

From: Madison Pruet <mpruet_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 20:13:33 -0500

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:1123030443.824904.296030_at_g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Madison Pruet wrote:
>

> > Noons --- IBM Informix Enterprise Replication supports this
functionality
> > with about 1/3 the overhead of the original transaction.
>
> Madison:
> I've long ago stopped believing in fairies, godmothers
> and other garden variety gnomes.
> Spare me the "mine is longer than yours", I don't give
> a rat's arse what Informix does, under or not IBM.
> Tah?

Then why are you posting in comp.databases.informix?

You stated -

"If I understand your question correctly, that is not possible with ANY replication in any database version."

That is simply not true. Now it may be true with the database that you are using, but it is not true with IDS ER. There are replication solutions which do support these functionalities, and yes - Informix ER does support them with about 1/3 of the overhead of the original transaction.

I'm not playing any "mine is longer than yours" game. I'm simply pointing out an incorrect statement which you made. Received on Tue Aug 02 2005 - 20:13:33 CDT