Re: explain plan changes if using bind vars

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:50:24 GMT

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:34:45 +0200, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>NetComrade wrote:
>>
>> Not only that.. but I've found out that for some other IDs passed,
>> query performs poorly as well, even w/o using bind vars
>>

>Then try to reduce the amount of data over the link; any remote
>tables joined (all four in your case) can be pre-joined in a view.
>Create the view on the remote side, and select from that - the joins
>will be executed on the remote machine, and not all data is pulled
>over.

Yeah.. that didn't seem to work earlier...

However, we optimized the 'remote' query (to get rid of max), and hid it with a view like you suggested.

problem gone.
day wasted on this

thanks for all suggestions.

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.5 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue Aug 02 2005 - 16:50:24 CDT