Re: explain plan changes if using bind vars

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:34:45 +0200

NetComrade wrote:

> Not only that.. but I've found out that for some other IDs passed,
> query performs poorly as well, even w/o using bind vars

Then try to reduce the amount of data over the link; any remote tables joined (all four in your case) can be pre-joined in a view. Create the view on the remote side, and select from that - the joins will be executed on the remote machine, and not all data is pulled over.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel