Re: RAC/how should i store oracle files on a SAN

From: Moe <mwahidi_at_emanagelaw.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2005 10:11:16 -0700

I have two Raids on my SAN
RAID 10 which i want to put my redo logs, archives, control files on RAID 5 for my data files.

Considering that i'm not going to use OCFS. What is the recommended alternative?
The way im considering to go now is partition my two RAIDS and use ASM.
Have anyone used ASM on RAID 5 and RAID 10?. for my two CRS files, is RAW the only thing i can use?

Thanks

Moe Received on Tue Aug 02 2005 - 12:11:16 CDT