Stats gathering (8i) to non-data dictionary tables

From: Mike Collier <mcollier_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2005 06:58:08 -0700

Can anyone help. I have a requirement to gather stats in prod without the values being put into the data dictionary and used immediately. Instead I'd like them to go into a user stattab from where I can move them into a non-prod instance.

That is, I'd like to do a gather_table_stats but specify the gathered stats go to the stattab instead of a backup of the previous values.

Has anyone done this?

Many thanks in advance. Received on Tue Aug 02 2005 - 08:58:08 CDT