Re: Oracle reports and russian language

From: Mark Malakanov <markmal_at_rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:01:54 -0400

You have to set a codepage to Russian on client (where Reports runs).

In Windows it will be NLS_LANG=RUSSIAN_CIS.CL8MSWIN1251

where RUSSIAN will make a client to use error messages in Russian, CIS - makes date and numbers in Russian style ( comma instead of dot and vice versa). Finally CL8MSWIN1251 will use Cyrillic charset.

You can try NLS_LANG=AMERIACAN_AMERICA.CL8MSWIN1251 if you dont like tricks with dates and numbers.

For Unixes codepages can be CL8ISO8859P5.

Database must be in any CL8* too. It does not matter in which - unix, or windows - CL*.