10.1 and RMAN....

From: oracle_man <oracle_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2005 13:58:44 -0700

Rman is hanging inconsistently and hogging CPU. Here is my setup:

2x AMD64 bit CPUs
RAW disk and ASM management
10.1.0.3.0 binaries
RHEL 4  The backups are done to local disk array on dedicated controller. ASM diskfarm is 14disks wide with a dedicated 2channel controller, and dedicated redos on a third controller. The backup config is fairly simple. I use a catalog, and do a full backup + archivelog delete.

When I run my cron job, I see the ora_arcX spin up as high as the rman process(98+% CPU used). I've configured rman for 1 channel, hoping to free up the 2nd CPU, but arc is killing me now.

Any ideas? Must be heavy DML to cause arc to jump I would think.

All replies appreciated. Received on Mon Aug 01 2005 - 15:58:44 CDT