Re: oracle 10g & Windows 2003 with AD

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:53:50 +0200

m.damulewicz_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to install Oracle 10g on windows 2003 with Active
> Directory. I can't get 10g to run on Windows 2003 Server Domain
> Controller. I get error:

First of all: DON'T!
Don't mix several server types onto one machine!

Secondly: did you read the installation manual? In particular the part where it says you should be logged on, using the local admin account? Yes - it also states domain logins are supported, but active directory?!?
You install as local admin. LOCAL administrator - log on to the machine, not a domain

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel