Re: Buffer pool query

From: Ryan S <rshevchi_at_vt.edu>
Date: 1 Aug 2005 12:00:05 -0700

> I found this query in the 10gR2 performance tuning guide:
> COLUMN OBJECT_NAME FORMAT A40
> COLUMN NUMBER_OF_BLOCKS FORMAT 999,999,999,999
>
> SELECT o.OBJECT_NAME, COUNT(*) NUMBER_OF_BLOCKS
> FROM DBA_OBJECTS o, V$BH bh
> WHERE o.DATA_OBJECT_ID = bh.OBJD
> AND o.OWNER != 'SYS'
> GROUP BY o.OBJECT_NAME
> ORDER BY COUNT(*);

Thanks for the response -- The above query is what I'm currently running. I was just wondering if its possible to see a breakdown of objects per defined pool(keep, recycle). I agree I think Oracle will load the blocks into the assigned pool, just trying to prove they are there. The best I have been able to do is assign a 16M recycle pool and then see that the tables allocated to it are never going over 2000 blocks(8k block size). Received on Mon Aug 01 2005 - 14:00:05 CDT