How to rebuild Init file

From: yoyo <yoyo_at_ma.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:25:15 -0400

Hello,
this may sound very silly, but I need to ask anyway, because I spent 1/2 day already trying to figure it out, mabey I'm missing something basic. I have an Oralce 8.1.7 database on AIX. It was backed up regurlary, but in my silliness, I never backed up the init.ora file for it. Well, the drive it was on crapped out, and upon replacment, my database (of course) wound't start, no init file. Is there an easy way to rebuild this file? I tried a generic OOB init file, but it doesn't work (didn't think it would).
It's not a super important database, we mostly use DB2 now, this was just left over from years ago and get's used only occasionally now, it's not big at all.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Ken Received on Mon Aug 01 2005 - 09:25:15 CDT