Re: High kernel% utilization

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 00:34:04 -0700

"amroo" <amroo76_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122881362.238835.93760_at_z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> I would like to know the reason for high kernel% utilization by
> oracle on win2k Server with dual xeon processor box.
>
> I used strace and Vtune. VTune suggested a function eoref_resolve of
> orajox.dll taking high cpu cycle.
> I don't know the reason for it.
>
> Please somebody explain me or suggest me the way to find the reason for
> high Kernel% utilization.

Is your machine swapping?
Are you using a software based raid?
Are your drives on a software based raid on the same cable (IDE)? Are any of your datafiles/controlfiles/redo log files located on the network?

Please give move details as to Oracle version/configuration, how much ram do you have, how much ram is free, and how much swap is being used, etc...

--

Andreas Sheriff
Oracle 9i Certified Professional

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL