Re: Service doesn't start the database

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 31 Jul 2005 19:53:59 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:
> > DA Morgan wrote:

> >>Use oradim (oradim.exe) to drop the Oracle service and recreate it.
> >>--
> >>Daniel A. Morgan
> >>http://www.psoug.org
> >>damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> >>(replace x with u to respond)
> >

> > Such advice is quite severe,
> >
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> But effective. And best of all ... can't damage the data if they
> make a mistake: Just delay getting it working again.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> http://www.psoug.org
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

Yet my reponse does not require a reboot to clear the service entry; yours does. Which would the OP rather experience: correcting the existing service without a reboot or dropping and recreating a service requiring one? I know which option I'd choose.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sun Jul 31 2005 - 21:53:59 CDT