Re: a question about Oracle 9202 client share library on HP-UX 11i ver2 IA64 and HP-UX 11i ver2 PA-RISC

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 31 Jul 2005 06:11:45 -0700

Jarod.Sun wrote:
> hpuxrac Wrote:
>
> > Jarod I believe I had a similar problem on one of our servers. I fixed
> > it temporarily as I remember by putting in a symbolic link or 2. One
> > of the metalink documents has some notes about what needs to be setup
> > on hpux.
> >
> > Sorry I don't remember all the details but I think maybe it was related
> > to not installing or having a wrong version of c compiler.
> >
> > I do have the notes at work and can take a look monday if you haven't
> > fixed it all by then.
>
> Thanks a lot hpuxrac. I think that i need your help, pls. *^_^*

Jarod do you have access to oracle metalink?

If so then do a search on libclntsh.sl.9.0

There's a bunch of hits on hpux

I think if I remember correctly some of the hits may be from a tar I opened where some of the hpux patchsets were not relinking the 32 bit client.

If you can do this search you may find some valuable info.

Also you want to check the setting of the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the unix environment of the application that is failing ... is it set at all?

Can you find on your unix server the file libclentsh.sl.9.0 ?

Try checking these three things I will see what additional info I have at work tomorrow. Received on Sun Jul 31 2005 - 08:11:45 CDT