Re: No future for DB2

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 08:17:40 -0400

Noons wrote:

>>> There *is* a God!...
>>

>> Nope - well at least that ain't proof - AS/400's interfaces are not open.
>> Aside if Oracle ran on OS/400 it would be running on DB2..
>> Now that would be funny indeed.

> Hmmmmmm.... I conclude that db2/as400's interfaces are not open.
> Now, there is an interesting twitch to the argument
> the product is the same across all platforms...
>
> <g,d&r>

An bogeyman kept alive by the Oracle posters here (looking for a something to rub on for lack of better topics?) Show me where an IBMer has claimed the product is the same across these platforms.
Note that many customers of IBM develop on DB2 for LUW (i.e Windows) and then deploy on DB2 for zOS. Apparently the compatibility is close enough, especially since the clients (CLI, JDBC, ...) are indeed the same codebase.

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau