RMAN: data block restore

From: EdwardNing <edwardning35(nospam)_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:40:50 GMT

Hi, group, I am reading RMAN (9206) and have a question about data block level restore.

First question is, how could I create a data block corruption for testing purpose?

Second, if I restore only one block from older backups, what will happen to the data inside the database? I am a little bit confused here. Say if the data block contains data in a parent table, and I restored an older data block, which does not have the entry of this row any more, what happens to the child table entries which depends on this row?

Thans for your help. Received on Sun Jul 31 2005 - 05:40:50 CDT