Re: No future for DB2

From: rkusenet <rkusenet_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:18:56 -0400

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1122702459.361664_at_yasure...

> I was challenging you to put up evidence of a statement I considered
> baseless. The link was for purposes of encouragement. I have never
> altered my statements about TPC or Gartner or any of the this industry's
> other bottom feeders.

Hmm interesting. You were willing to quote tpc benchmarks to refute the anecdotal reference I know where Informix performed better than Oracle. If tpc is meaningless (which is what you are saying now), then your reply to me a year back was equally meaningless. Read it again and tell me whether it makes any sense, in the context of your present feelings of TPC-C.

" If Informix performance is better than that of Oracle ... perhaps you would be so kind as to show me and others where that is demonstrated: http://www.tpc.org/tpcc/result s/tpcc_perf_results.asp?result type=all " Received on Sat Jul 30 2005 - 07:18:56 CDT